Beiträge von Christoph21x

Dear All

I have had recently huge problems - that I would like to share.

I use a TS-1079 Pro NAS with 10 x 4TB drives (age: approx: 15 months) - always latest ROM.
    I use ONE storage pool in ONE JBOD volume - don't want to discuss THAT; thanks. I'm a professional and know, what I do.
    Using QMariaDB with a large-scale database. Previously MySQL.
    fyi: QNAP drives tend to have severe issues when they're comparably full (same here on my TS-639 Pro) and using SMP - always a struggle to accepts larger or any file.

A couple of weeks ago, I got error messages from "drive 7" - first: "read I/O error", and "write I/O error", later "unplugged". Always after bootup, approx. after 1-2 minutes (without any usage). This went on for two to three weeks.
    Drive unplugged - raid group inactive - plugged-in (some cases, some minutes later) - and group active again.
    I deleted/dropped all tables of QMariaDB - all problems seemded to have gone. As the databases are self-building and growing, after some days (5-7 days), the same story began again.
    All drives are comparably new and the NAS is not 24/7 active. But I exchanged this "drive 7" and put in a copy on a brand-new drive with a system copy of previous "drive 7". Same story - from the beginning.

I uninstalled QMariaDB and it showed "can't stop service" - but the Server officially was gone. Restarted, uninstalled again - it said: "success"
    It then worked for two days but since then:
    "Raid Group 1 inactive" - and: any recovery fails with "ERR_FAIL_RECOVERY_RAID"
    All drives are several times tested and all are "Good" in health - also "drive 7"

I guess, I'm an unusual user with such a volume of 40 TB JBOD and I guess, it's really a firmware and software issue, maybe in conjunction with a >1-TB-database of QMariaDB. Filling of the NAS was approx 90 - 92%!

This is no complaint, rather a report, if someone has hints or is interested in such a case.
    My next steps is: deleting the volume / pool, if don't get any response within these days. And then build up the data again. As I said: I was aware of the risk, even though I'm not happy about the outcome :-))

Kind greetz - Chris

QMariaDB can't be even more found in "All Apps" - is it cancelled?

Zitat von "duke-f"

Na gut, ich habe ja einen Grund, warum ich das beste will - kann das aber erst in einigen Tagen wieder testen. Dann kann ich die unterschiedlichen Varianten ja selber vergleichen. Als Dummie hatte ich nur so leise die Hoffnung, der Hersteller würde uns von sich aus das Optimum zwischen dem, was mir als Nutzer am besten passt und dem, was dem Gerät am angenehmsten ist als Default anbieten.

Hi duke - teilst Du Deine Erkenntnisse bitte mit uns? Gruss & danke!

---Edit---

Zitat von "duke-f"

[~] # smb2status
    smbd (samba daemon) Version 3.6.23
    smbd (samba daemon) is running.
    max protocol SMB 1.0 enabled.

Könnte auch ein Issue sein, da Du offenbar über die B0530 gegangen bist. Ich bin hier von 4.0.7 official direkt auf B0605 gegangen und habe:
    max protocol SMB 2.1 enabled. (ohne etwas zu machen)