Beiträge von carabuleah

Hallo. Ich füge diese Email hier auch ein - eine Kopie von dem Post in forum.com. Vielleicht bekomme ich hilfe...

Hello. I read through some of the pages of info on this subject, but I was not able to find a solution; perhaps I missed it.

1. Does anyone have a solution to my "drive read/write error"problem, please:

a. In the last four days I got three drives with read/write error: two drives existing, the third drive was a new replacement one... I have a TS-410 with 4 x 1.5T Seagate ST31500341AS CC1H (7200.12 I guess) in Raid 5. The SMART info is GOOD. The second new drive is still OK, but I bet the QNAP-Company's-future not for long. I use EXT4 file format only because I thought it is better then EXT3. Because it is newer technology...

b. The email notifications I received stated:

- First time: "Level: Error [RAID5 Disk Volume: Drive 1 2 3 4] Drive 2 failed.
    - Second time: "Level: Error [RAID5 Disk Volume: Drive 1 2 3 4] Drive 3 failed.
    - Third time: "Level: Error [RAID5 Disk Volume: Drive 1 2 3 4] Drive 2 failed. (this is a new drive)

c. TS-410 firmware: 3.3.3 (0928T)

2. In the QNAP German forum I read that EXT4 could be the root cause of the problem because not all the necessary info is written at once but with about a two-minute difference...

a. If this is true, how could I convert from EXT4 to EXT3 without formatting or copying data to other drives, if is possible, of course?

b. Should I do something else to circumvent the EXT4 problem?

3. The bitc.ing part to be read only by the QNAP Company... The read/write error seems to be a spread wide problem, and I am really upset at the QNAP company for trying to hide behind a finger. I have about 3 TB of data. I had spent already hours and hours rebuilding the RAID again and again. Now I have to spend more hours to back data (what is RAID then for for the QNAP company?!), which means I have to buy extra eSATA or USB external drives... And when I think that I recommended one of my customers a QNAP TS Pro product as a data share and backup solution... Fortunately he did not order it yet! Can you imagine the deep s..t I would would be in?!