openHAB_2.4.0_x86_64.qpkg install problems...

• Hi,

I'm Italian and I beg your pardon for writing in English.... unfortunately German is too much for my knowledge...

I have a TS-451A where I installed older versions of openHAB2, which I wanted to use to automate some lights/HVAC/devices...

I'm in the need to use a more updated version than the old v2.0.0 which I used till some time ago, and found here the more recent packages for v2.1.0, v2.3.0 and v2.4.0...

Unfortunately I'm facing some troubles as the package only installs itself into folder /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/OpenHab folder...

No matter what I do to have it installed into a share called "openHAB" or a "public/openHAB" folder...

Following some suggestions I found elsewhere, I tried different combinations of upper/lowercase names such as "openHAB", "OpenHab", "OpenHAB" with no results...

Also managed having share/folder guest accessible as R/W...

And also managed having the package renamed to "openHAB.qpkg", as someone else suggested too...

No differences at all...

I've tried looking into the install script, but I do not know the language used and therefore I cannot understand how I might bypass the problem...

Should the package maybe be fixed, or is there something I did not notice and/or I'm doing wrong ?

I definitely need OH2 to be installed in an "easier access" location than the above one...

Thank you and ...

MfG ;)

Michele

• If you just want to have the installation folder as a share, you can create a new share and set the path manually to

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/OpenHab

• If you just want to install a folder, then you can create a new folder

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/OpenHab

Thank you.

This is something I thought was a safe idea ...

I'll have a try anyway, and it will probably solve my needs ...

:thumbup:

Hi,

for your info - you can find the official english speaking forum here: Arrow: https://forum.qnap.com/

There is also an italian QNAPclub forum under https://www.qnapclub.it/;)

Thank you for your child redirect ...

Anyway, I'm perfectly aware of the existence of those two forums, and few other sources too ..

Anyway, since the developer of this package is German and the package itself is published in THIS forum, I thought it could be more useful and easy (and logic) to ask about it HERE.

Should any bug be present, it makes more sense to speak about it HERE.

If English is a problem for you, just add this information in the rules (which I read BEFORE writing my first message) and keep "strangers" away.

BTW: there is no one talking about OpenHAB in the QNAP Club Italian forum... ;)

Have a nice weekend.