QTS 4.3.4.0435 build 20171230
- To ensure system stability, QNAP recommends updating and then restarting QVPN Service in App Center after you update QTS to 4.3.4.
- As QTS previous versions of ARM models do not support snapshots, when you upgrade to QTS 4.3.4, the original volume cannot use this feature immediately. To solve this problem, you have to back up the existing data on your QNAP NAS to external storage. Then you can rebuild the QNAP NAS and take snapshots to the new storage pool with multiple volumes.
- Users can now downgrade QTS on ARM-based models. To downgrade to the target version, first downgrade to QTS 4.3.3.0351 Build 20171023 (or later versions).
- QTS 4.3.4 is the final available firmware update for the following models:
TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-470U-RP, TS-470U-SP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-869U-RP, TS-469U-RP, TS-469U-SP, TS-879 Pro, TVS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870, TVS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-670, TVS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470, TS-869 Pro, TS-869L, TS-669 Pro, TS-669L, TS-569 Pro, TS-569L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469L, TS-269 Pro, TS-269L, IS-400 Pro.
- For the status of QTS updates and maintenance for your NAS model, visit https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
- When QTS 4.3.x is installed on NAS models running on 64-bit Intel and AMD processors, some applications may not be supported. To check if installed apps on your NAS are compatible with QTS 4.3.x, download the QTS 64-bit compatibility tool and install it on your current QTS build. (https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/CF64_0.1-1114.qpkg.zip)
- Starting from QTS 4.3.4, QNAP NAS devices no longer support creating storage pools or static volumes using NVMe PCIe/M.2 SSDs. However, this limitation does not apply to the SSDs installed in built-in M.2 slots or on QM2 expansion cards.
- - For the status of QTS updates and maintenance for your NAS model, visit https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
- Added support for the TP-Link TL-WDN7200H USB Wi-Fi adapter.
- You can now connect a smart phone as an external storage device via the MTP or PTP protocol.
- Added support for viewing 360° videos and photos in File Station Media Viewer.
- Added support for opening text files with Text Editor.
- Added access to snapshot features in File Station.
- Added access to Qtier Auto-Tiering features in File Station.
- Added support for playing videos with VLC media player in File Station.
- Snapshot Manager can be opened from File Station.
- Snapshot Directory enables users to view and restore snapshots in File Station.
- A shared folder can be automatically migrated to a snapshot shared folder.
- Added support for discrete GPU cards. A GPU card can improve transcoding performance, and enables your NAS to run HD Station and Linux Station (only supported on TS-1685 and TS-x77 series NAS, but not supported on Linux Station 1.4).
- Users can now use their phone number as their QNAP ID when registering the NAS to their myQNAPcloud account.
- New application Qboost helps you optimize RAM usage, clear junk files and schedule your applications.
Qtier Auto Tiering
- Added more Qtier reporting options.
- You can specify times that Qtier should not perform auto-tiering in both Qtier scheduling modes.
- Qtier's algorithms have been updated to improve random access performance.
Qtier has a new automatic optimization mode, where advanced settings such as tiering priority, SSD tier reserved space and data allocation priority are hidden.
- A normal storage pool can now be converted to a Qtier storage pool at any time.
- RAID 50 and RAID 60 can be used with Qtier and static volumes.
- Resource Monitor now shows shared graphics memory usage.
- Resource Monitor now shows dedicated graphics card memory usage.
- Reserved snapshot space has been updated and renamed to "Guaranteed Snapshot Space"
- Added snapshot support for certain ARM-based NAS models (TS-x31P, TS-x31X, TS-x35 series)
- Storage ＆ Snapshots contains new snapshot overview and summary pages.
- When creating a new snapshot time zone information is now included in the snapshot name.
- In Snapshot Manager, files and folders can be restored from a snapshot to a remote location or as a new shared folder.
- File-based LUNs can now be viewed in Snapshot Manager, and can also be restored to their source volume as a new LUN.
- Added new Snapshot Replica backup plans and schedules.
- RAID 50 and RAID 60 are now supported.
- Added instructions on how to fix a RAID group which is in a degraded or error state.
- "Secure Erase" enables you permanently erase all data from a disk, with three modes: complete erase, ATA command erase and fast erase.
- A thick volume can now be converted to a thin volume.
Users can now adjust RAID rebuild, migration, scrub, sync priority and speed.
- Added support for the HTTP Live Streaming protocol.
- QTS now displays a warning message and asks for confirmation when installing a 3rd-party application.
- App Center now helps with dependencies between dependent applications.
- QTS now displays information about QM2 expansion cards in "Control Panel" > "System" > "System Status" > "Hardware Information".
- File Station now displays information about SSD cache and Qtier auto-tiering.
- Updated the @Recently-Snapshot folder icon in SMB shares.
- A snapshot shared folder can now be created using thick provisioning.
- Improved the file compression and extraction speeds in File Station.
- Users can now access HybridDesk Station via Remote Desktop without connecting the NAS to an HDMI monitor.
- "Updated the kernel version from 3.10.20 to 4.2.8 for the following models:
TS-231+, TS-431+, TS-531P, TS-131P, TS-231P, TS-431P, TS-231P2, TS-431P2, TS-431X, TS-531X, TS-831X, TS-431X2, TS-431XU, TS-431XU-RP, TS-831XU, TS-831XU-RP, TS-1231XU, TS-1231XU-RP, TS-431XeU, TS-1635."
Qtier Auto Tiering
- Users can now disable Qtier auto-tiering on individual shared folders or LUNs.
- QTS desktop features an enhanced volume control (only for certain NAS models with a built-in speaker)
- A beginner’s guide to QTS is shown to new users when they first log into QTS.
- Increased file-based SWAP size to 16GB on advanced NAS models.
- Resource Monitor now shows system services and system processes separately.
- A LUN snapshot can now be reverted while the LUN is mapped to an iSCSI target.
- The automatic deletion of old snapshots can now be disabled.
- Hidden files can be made visible in Snapshot Manager.
- "Storage ＆ Snapshots" replaces "Storage Manager". It includes a redesigned and improved storage management interface.
- Reduced the memory requirement for using snapshots from 4GB to 1GB. The maximum number of snapshots per volume/LUN/NAS is dependent on the amount of installed memory.
- Changed the wording of Snapshot Vault usage to avoid misunderstandings when calculating the allocated space of a storage pool.
- The SSD cache flush algorithms have been updated for better caching performance when under high load.
- A disk trim and performance test is now automatically performed when creating a RAID group.
- Improved the storage pool and volume creation wizards.
- Thin volume space can now be automatically reclaimed if storage pool space is low.
- Updated Virtualization Guide content.
- Changed the default bytes per inode options when creating a volume.
- Added a free storage pool space wizard to help create free pool space.
- Detailed RAID scrubbing results including fixed block counts are now recorded in the system event log.
- Added support for creating storage spaces of over 16TB on certain ARM-based NAS (TS-x31P, TS-x31X, TS-x35 series).
- Thin volumes now get status read/delete instead of read-only when their parent storage pool is full. This enables you to delete data and free up storage pool space.
- Users could not access files in folders whose filenames contained double-byte characters after updating QTS from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4.
- Unexpected errors would appear in the Linux kernel logs after users updated QTS to 4.3.4 and then took snapshots for existing volumes.
- QTS would display incorrect numbers of files or shared folders after users updated QTS to 4.3.4.
- Fixed a cross-site scripting vulnerability in App Center (CVE-2017-13072).